Who We Are: Alaska Private Touring LLC
This privacy notice supplements our general Terms and Conditions and other notices and is not intended to override them. It is issued on behalf Alaska Private Touring, LLC, which is referred to as “Alaska Private Touring” or “we, us, and/or our”, and “Sites” refers to the AlaskaPrivateTouring.com website, web portals, and social and marketing platforms used to collect and communicate information regarding the services we offer. Our office is located at 600 Barrow Street, Suite 600B in Anchorage, Alaska.
The Information We Collect
This notice applies to all information we may collect or that you may provide to us, including when you request travel information, book travel, visit our website or open an email from us, sign up to receive a newsletter, and/or where there is an understanding for us to communicate with you, because we have identified you as a prospect, guest, or partner. The types of personal information we collect that could be used to identify you include:
- Identity Data: first name, last name, nickname, profile name, title, or similar identifier.
- Contact Data: mailing address, e-mail address, billing address, social profiles, and phone numbers.
- Financial Data: any payment information.
- Log Data: our web servers may collect aggregate data about the number of visits to different pages on our Sites, and to troubleshoot or improve our Sites. Marketing & Communications: your preferences in receiving information and any other identifier that permits us to contact you.
- Technical Data: internet (IP) address, browser information, location, and other technical information about the devices you use to access our Site, or similar identifier.
- Travel Data: how you heard about us, what you are interested in, how and what information you’ve requested and received from us, your evaluation of our services, and when, where, how you booked your travel.
- Web Beacons: collect limited info such as cookie numbers, time, and date of a page view along with a page description of where the beacon lives
If you choose not to provide personal data when requested, we may not be able to fulfill your request (for example to book your travel). In this case, we may have to cancel your request with us. We’ll let you know if this is the case and you’re going to miss out.
How We Use This Information
We collect personal information from our users at alaskaprivatetouring.com in order to improve our products, deliver services, and perform our obligations to you, comply with our own legal obligations, and for a few other purposes as described below. We only collect what is legal for us to collect.
E-mail addresses: Customer and web site visitor information is not sold or redistributed to any other companies or outside parties. Our site makes use of various forms. By submitting your e-mail address to AlaskaPrivateTouring.com through a form, your e-mail address may be automatically added to our company e-list. Your email address and other information is protected by Alaska Private Touring, LLC and will not be sold or redistributed to other third-party companies. We periodically send email notifications to our e-list about news, events, and information about Alaska and our tour offerings.
Information You Give Us: when you request travel information, book a reservation, or pay for your travel, your information is used to complete that request. We retain your travel history as part of your past guest profile. Personal information is only shared with third parties as needed for them to deliver services to you and is never shared with unaffiliated third parties.
Non-identifying and Aggregate Information: are used for things like designing a better website or to better understand user behavior, guest demographics, and the effectiveness of our marketing efforts. For example, just as we remember who you are and where you’ve traveled with us, we may report that X number of individuals visited a certain page on our Site, or that Y number of recipients opened our email or clicked on a link, and Z percentage of our guests are 50-60 years old, but we would not disclose anything that could be used to identify those individuals.
Social Sharing: when you login and connect with us via social media, we may share your name, picture, likes, comments, and posts associated with social media platforms. When you connect and engage with us via social media you are giving your consent to share your information.
Third Party Services: so we can focus on creating the best Alaska travel plan for you, we may use a third party technology platform to send our marketing e-mails. Pixel tags in those emails help us send the e-mail in a format you can read, allow us to know which e-mails you respond to, and target future e-mail content. Third party vendors are also used to provide services such as printed brochures, transportation, accommodations, activities, etc.
We never use or share personally identifiable information provided to us in an unlawful way or in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
Terms Applicable to Data from EU Member Countries – GDPR
While we are based in the United States, and target our marketing to North America we do not restrict purchase of our tour products and services from customers outside of North America. The Personal Information we collect is stored and used in the United States. We may share some of your Personal Information with third parties (such as government agencies, hotel and transfer suppliers, etc.) in order to deliver services to you within and outside of the United States or because we are required to by law.
Effective May 25, 2018, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) became a new, wide-ranging data protection law. If we collect Personal Information from EU residents, in addition to the above, the following terms also apply to our collection, use, and retention of that information:
Compliance with Privacy Shield Principles: we strive to comply with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework principles (Notice, Choice, Accountability for Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation, Access, and Recourse, Enforcement and Liability) regarding the collection, use and retention of Personal Information from European Union member countries. However, our compliance with these principles may be limited (a) to the extent necessary to meet applicable national security, public interest, or law enforcement requirements; or (b) by statute, governmental regulation, or case law. The Privacy Shield Principles shall govern any conflicts (learn more by visiting the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List at https://www.privacyshield.gov/list).
Basis for Collection: as set out above, we collect and process Personal Information for which you have given your consent.
Your Rights as an EU member include:
- You may “opt out” of receiving marketing or promotional messages via the instructions in those messages
- The right to withdraw consent to the processing of Personal Information about you
- The right to request a copy of the Personal Information we retain about you, although we reserve the right to charge a fee for this depending on the nature and frequency of your request(s) and our cost to provide the information.
- The right to have Personal Information we have about you corrected or removed, we may retain some of your Personal Information for the purposes of our legitimate business needs in accordance with the Privacy Shield Principles. Any Personal Information you have shared publicly with others may continue to be publicly visible on the Sites.
Our Commitment to Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Legitimate Interest means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights. If you have any questions about our privacy policies, would like to opt-out of our marketing efforts, or have any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact us at:
By email: email@example.com
Alaska Private Touring, LLC
600 Barrow Street, Suite 200B
Anchorage, Alaska 99501