Alaska is America’s most unique, spectacular, wild, and intriguing state. When you first visit Alaska, you instantly know that you’ve arrived in a special place. Alaska’s diverse landscapes, microclimates and ecosystems give you more places to explore and even more space to stretch, breathe, and wander.
Alaska is home to so many once-in-a-lifetime sights, sounds, tastes and experiences. Calving glaciers and soaring eagles. Big salmon, bigger bears, and massive whales. Endless forests and majestic mountain ranges. The midnight sun, northern lights and Arctic Circle. Alaska Native dancing and songs of desperate gold miners. Alaska is also home to a unique history and many legends, colorfully sprinkled with Alaska Native culture, shades of previous Russian ownership, memories of the Gold Rush boom, and Iditarod fun.
Did you know?
- One-fifth of the total land area in the U.S.
- More than half of all National Parks in the U.S.
- 100,000 glaciers and 3 million lakes larger than 20 acres
- 40 active volcanoes and 17 of the 20 highest peaks in America
- The largest population of bald eagles in the U.S.
- 175,000 moose, xxx bears, but fewer than 1 million people
At 660,000 square miles, there’s a lot of territory to cover in Alaska. Alaska Private Touring was founded with a mission to make that journey easy and seamless as well as enjoyable, exciting and highly memorable.